The team here at Northern Bikes want you to be satisfied with your purchase.
So if you are having any problems with your purchase, please contact us.
Proof Of Purchase
For all returns, an original proof of purchase must be provided.
Without a proof of purchase we may not be able to process the return.
In some instances we may be able to find and reprint the receipt for you. However for this to occur, we need to know accurate details of the purchase including date, salesperson, price paid for each item, and other items purchased at the same time. A bank statement may assist in this process, but a bank statement alone is not a proof of purchase, as it only shows the purchase amount and not the individual items.
Loyalty Card holders who scanned their card at the time of purchase, we can quickly and easily reprint the receipt for you.
Refunds are not always an automatic right.
Businesses don’t have to give a refund if you:
1. Change your mind
2. Choose the wrong size
3. Choose the wrong colour
4. Find the same item cheaper elsewhere
5. Decide you have no use for the item
6. Misused the item in a way which caused the problem
7. Are not the original purchaser of the goods (ie, purchased 2nd hand)
8. Knew of or were made aware of the fault before you bought the item
There are some circumstances where a refund is an option and they are outlined in the Australian Consumer Law.
Links provided on this page.
Change of mind
If you wish to return and item because you have changed your mind.
For example. If you have chosen an incorrect item or size, or if you decide you no longer want the item.
Northern Bikes may be willing to offer an exchange of goods or an in-store credit, provided the following conditions are met.
1. Item is returned within 14 days of purchase
2. Provide original purchase receipt
3. Item is in brand new, unused, undamaged, re-saleable, condition
4. Item has undamaged original tags or packaging
5. Still includes all user manuals, accessories, etc, that may have came with the item originally
Please keep in mind that under Australian law, a business is under no obligation to accept a return, or give a refund, if there is nothing wrong with the item, or the sale, and you just changed your mind.
It is our choice.
For returns due to a fault you believe should be covered by warranty.
Please refer to your product packaging or user manual for details regarding the items warranty.
- Bring the item into Northern Bikes and we will organise the warranty claim to the manufacturer.
- Have the original purchase receipt
- We will take down your contact details
- The item will usually need to be returned to the manufacturer for inspection
- The manufacturer will decide whether to repair, replace or credit the item
- We will contact you with the response and/or when the item has returned to the store.
In some instances we may use our experience to speed up this process and offer a solution on-the-spot. However this is rare, and will need to be a clear and obvious warranty issue.
In most instances it will not cost you anything to send the item away for a warranty claim, however if the claim is found to be invalid due to wear and tear or user damage, there may be transport costs to have the item returned to store.
And Remember, we live in FAR NORTH Queensland which means there is usually wait times due to the length of time it may take to transport the items to the manufacturer for inspection.
We will endeavour to minimise this timeframe as much as possible.
Taking it to the next level
If you are not happy with your return, ask to speak with the Store Manager to discuss further.
The Northern Bikes Return Policy is in addition to your rights under Australian Consumer Law.
For full details on your rights and obligations, click the links below.
The Disposal of Uncollected Goods Act 1967 covers inspection, custody, storage, repair and other treatment of goods. Under this Act, uncollected goods may be sold six months after the date on which they were ready for collection.